24 Hour Disney Junior Channel Launch
The new 24-hour Disney Junior channel will launch FRIDAY, MARCH 23 and will feature the premiere of “Doc McStuffins,” as well as new editions of the acclaimed short-form series “A Poem Is…” and a weekend movie block, “Magical World of Disney Junior.”
In order to see if the new 24-hour Disney Junior channel will be available in your neighborhood at the time of launch, please visit DisneyJuniorTheChannel.com.
The 24 hour Disney Junior schedule will include daily telecasts of “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” (the #1 series among Boys 2-5 for 2011) and the hit series “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.” It will also introduce the animated series “Doc McStuffins” at launch, and will feature new editions of the acclaimed short-form series “A Poem Is…” and a weekend movie block, “Magical World of Disney Junior.” Shows will also be featuring Disney heritage characters, including Sebastian and Flounder from “The Little Mermaid,” Mrs. Potts and Chip from “Beauty and the Beast,” and pups Lucky and Pepper “101 Dalmatians,” will also debut.
The programming schedule includes:
- “Doc McStuffins” – an animated series about a six-year-old girl who communicates with and heals stuffed animals and toys in her backyard clinic. Under the consultancy of the Hollywood Health & Society division of the USC Annenberg Norman Lear Center, the series will highlight the importance of taking care of oneself and others, while showcasing the hallmarks of great Disney storytelling – fantasy and wish fulfillment. Emmy Award-winning writer/producer Chris Nee (“Little Bill” and “Deadliest Catch: Crab Fishing in Alaska”) is the creator and executive producer, and Emmy Award-winning Norton Virgien (“Rugrats”) is the director. “Doc McStuffins” is a production of the Dublin, Ireland-based Brown Bag Films (two time Academy Award nominee for “Granny O’Grimm” and “Give Up Yer Aul Sins”). DisneyJunior.com will debut a “Doc McStuffins” supersite featuring an interactive clinic where kids can assist Doc in nurturing toys back to health.
- “A Poem Is…” — Laura Linney, Viola Davis, John Leguizamo, Jessica Alba, Owen Wilson and Liev Schreiber are among the narrators of the second season of the acclaimed short-form series designed to introduce young children to the beauty of a poem.
- “Magical World of Disney Junior” — a weekend movie night featuring telecasts of Disney’s vast array of classic and contemporary movies, including “Beauty and the Beast,” “Bambi,” “Dumbo,” “The Princess and the Frog,” “Cars,” “Toy Story 2,” “Monsters, Inc.” and “Aladdin,” among others.
- “Gaspard and Lisa” — the adventures of two best friend puppies as they experience the wonders and challenges of school and family life in their Paris neighborhood. Based on the books by Anne Gutman and Georg Hallensleben, “Gaspard and Lisa” is produced by Chorion.
- “Guess How Much I Love You” — a tender animated series centered on the father-son relationship between Little Nutbrown Hare and Big Nutbrown Hare. Based on the UK picture book, Guess How Much I Love You, by Sam McBratney and Anita Jeram, the series will air exclusively on Disney Junior the Channel. “Guess How Much I Love You” is a production of the Australia-based SLR Productions.
In addition to current hits “Jake and the Never Land Pirates,” “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,” “Little Einsteins,” “Handy Manny” and “Special Agent Oso,” the channel will also present viewer favorites from the past, “Higglytown Heroes,” “Stanley,” “JoJo’s Circus” and “Rolie Polie Olie,” among others.