Back to School Organization with Windows Phone | Giveaway
Item Reviewed: None
Item Given Away: AT&T Samsung Focus Windows Phone
Start Date: August 17
End Date: September 1
This is the first Back to School season I have had in many years, as I homeschooled my children, but this is the first year back in public school for my oldest daughter and I am finding a ton of things I have to keep track of. I have tried writing things down, only to lose the paper, I have added things to my online calender only to forget not to look at it, but this year, I have my husband’s Windows Phone (previously mine as he stole it from me) to use as my back up plan. I can now do the following:
- Customize the start screen – I can add everything important for a specific day or event by pinning it to my start screen. Which means no more looking through my phone for that important piece of information, or worse a piece of paper with directions written on it.
- Carpool madness goes out the front window (pun intended) – I can now see multiple calendars on the start screen so I will see when my daughter violin practice over laps my husbands dental appointment and change things around.
- Office Mobile is a life saver – when I am waiting in the car to pick someone up I can still do my work and keep track of anything I may need to pick up on the way home. Having One Note is a huge plus for me as I use it on a daily basis for just about everything. My daughter’s extra curricular activities have now found a new, organized home in One Note.
- And don’t forget about the Camera! – I of course will be sneaking pictures of my daughter’s first day back to school, when she isn’t looking and what’s even better is I can share it instantly with the family that is far away by posting it to Facebook, which is seamlessly added to Windows Phones. Huge plus for me.
Adding apps for Back to School season is a snap as well. Best Buy will allow you to shop for new tech products in the palm of your hand, moBudget will help you track your Back to School spending and will help you stay within your budget, with ShopSavvy you can scan a bar code and instantly get the best price around you for whatever you are looking for, Amazon is my favorite app and I shop all the time from it, again it’s the convenience of shopping in the palm of your hand. There are many other apps that are very helpful during the stressful time of Back to School season; Evernote, CleverToDo, iRewardChart and GasBuddy.
So you see, Windows Phone can do it all and I am loving the fact that to do all this I have gotten my hands on my husband’s phone again. I love Windows phone and the fact that everything I need can be placed on the Start Screen so I can spend more time doing what I need to do instead of searching for the email that had an address in it, or directions to the new ball field. I am a doer, how about you?
To help one very lucky Dirty t Shirt reader out with their Back to School season, I have an AT&T Samsung Focus Windows Phone to giveaway. Please see rules below to enter to win today!
I am a Windows Champions blogger and I received loan of a laptop and may receive other awards from Microsoft to post my opinions about Microsoft products.
- MAIN RULE – Tell me in comments how you handle your children’s school scheduling now. (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count)
- 1 Extra Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed or by email (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Follow me on Twitter (button in header) and let me know your Twitter name in a separate comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Tweet this giveaway. Copy and paste – @Jentifa is giving away a AT&T Samsung Focus Windows Phone! Check it out here http://bit.ly/olcr5G. Then come back and leave the direct link to your tweet (go to your twitter account, click on the words when your tweet was sent (ie. 5 seconds ago) and copy and paste that link in comments.
- 1 Extra Entry – Friend me on Google Friend Connect on sidebar and leave a separate comment that you did.
- 2 Extra Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog.
This giveaway will run through midnight on September 1, with winner being announced the morning of September 2. Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.