Back To School With Lysol | Review and Giveaway
With kids heading back to school, parents need be prepared for what’s being sent home with their children. And we’re not talking homework – we’re talking germs. I have seen it first hand with my nephew who started school a week ago, and within that time he caught something, brought it home to his mom, dad and sister and prevented them from interacting with my family over the Labor Day weekend. Scary thing was my sister received a phone call from his school saying they had three confirmed cases of the Swine Flu. Thankfully all checked out well for them, but the fact remains, kids bring germs home! You can help protect your children and your family with these following tips by Dr. Laura Jana, a pediatrician, mother of three school aged-children and owner of an educational daycare center.
- The Health administration is predicting a very serious cold and flu season, so teach your children about healthy hygiene habits before they go back to school and get exposed to classroom germs, like MRSA or H1N1 virus. Check out the new educational Web Site for kids, developed in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), at www.oopkids.com. This kid-friendly Web site is designed to educate children about healthy hygiene habits and safety routines. This Web site is an expansion from an existing health campaign with the CDC – Ounce of Prevention.
- Send school germs packing by encouraging your children to drop their book bags, take off their shoes and leave their coats at the door when they walk in. Send them straight to the sink to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds (long enough to sing Happy Birthday twice!) while you spray their bags with Lysol Disinfectant Spray to help kill bacteria they may have picked up from the school bus, the playground or the classroom. Lysol Disinfectant Spray effectively kills 99.9% of bacteria on soft surfaces, including the family couch! For more information, check out the Lysol Back to School Information Center.
LYSOL® Disinfectant Spray is an EPA registered disinfectant that kills more than 99.9% of illness causing bacteria and viruses including H1N1, the common cold and staph MRSA. Unlike other sanitizing products which only kill bacteria on hard surfaces, LYSOL® Disinfectant Spray is also approved to kill 99.9% of illness-causing bacteria on soft surfaces. It even works to control the growth of mold and mildew, among the most common type of allergens, on surfaces you seldom think of like plastic shower curtains. No wonder it’s the #1 brand recommended by pediatricians.
LYSOL® Disinfectant Spray can be used throughout your home on surfaces such as: doorknobs • telephones • counter tops • sinks • garbage cans • diaper pails • toilet areas • faucets • couches/sofas • mattresses • pillows • upholstery • backpacks
Use LYSOL® Disinfectant Spray to eliminate the following bacteria, fungi and viruses on hard non-porous surfaces*:
Viruses: Influenza • Rhinovirus (the leading cause of the common cold) • Rotavirus (the leading cause of infectious diarrhea in children) • Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) (the leading cause of lower respiratory infection in children)
Bacteria: Staph MRSA and Strep • E.Coli • Salmonella • Campylobacter
Fungi: Athlete’s Foot Fungus • Mold • Mildew
For use in your kitchen, bathroom and all over the house to protect your family, LYSOL® Disinfecting Wipes 4in1 with Micro- Lock™ are the convenient way to clean and disinfect your household surfaces. Each pre-moistened disposable wipe kills 99.9% of germs — even the bacteria that cause odors — where you use it. No bottles, no sponges, no mess. Effective disinfecting has never been faster or easier.
Help prevent the spread of germs in your home. Use LYSOL® Disinfecting Wipes 4in1 with Micro-Lock™ to disinfect commonly touched surfaces where viruses and bacteria can collect and be picked up upon contact, like:
• doorknobs • telephones • faucets • fixtures • appliance handles
Use LYSOL® Disinfecting Wipes 4in1 to kill 99.9%* of the following bacteria and viruses:
Bacteria: Staph • Salmonella • E.Coli
Viruses: Influenza A
I use Lysol products in my home all the time. I , just like everyone, hates to be sick, mainly because I am never sick alone, nope, there is always a kid sick at the same time, or god forbid my husband is sick at the same time, and then I still have to do my mom job! But I also don’t like seeing anyone sick, kids are so sad when they are sick (hubby’s too). So I do my part and try to protect them by using Lysol to sanitize and disinfect everything I can use it on.
I have been given the ability for 2 Dirty Shirt readers to each win a 12.5 oz Lysol Disinfectant Spray and two 40 ct. canisters of Lysol Disinfecting Wipes – one for home and one to send to the classroom. If you would like to win please see rules below to enter…
- MAIN RULE – Check out the Lysol product page here and then tell me in comments what product you use in your home. (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count)
- 1 Extra Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed or by email (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Favorite The Dirty Shirt in Technorati and leave your name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Follow me on Twitter (button in subscribe section on on the right sidebar) and let me know your Twitter name in a separate comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Tweet this giveaway. Copy and paste – @Jentifa is giving away a Lysol Back To School Package! Check it out here http://tinyurl.com/l7yjf8. Then come back and leave the direct link to your tweet (go to your twitter account, click on the words when your tweet was sent (ie. 5 seconds ago) and copy and paste that link in comments.
- 2 Extra Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog.
This giveaway will run through midnight on September 24, with winner being announced the morning of September 25. Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.