Dater’s ED Review And Giveaway
I am so thankful for the opportunity I got to review Dater’s ED The Instruction Manual For Parents by Lisa Jander. Let me give you the blurb from the book before I tell you how much I enjoyed it.
Very few students fail Driver’s Ed – millions fail at dating.
Today’s traffic report: your 6th grader is accelerating toward the dating highway without a permit. Your 17-year-old is stalled at a relationship intersection baffled by which way to turn.
What will you do to keep your kid off the cement wall of a dating disaster?
Sweet sixteen and revved up to date. Do you hand your student the keys and say, “Okay, honey, you’ve reached the Legal Dating Age. Have fun!”? How does a child earn a license to date?
Dater’s Ed is to dating what Driver’s Ed is to driving. Need a dating curriculum to steer your child safely through the relationship fog? Lisa Jander takes an intelligent, innovative, and humorous look at the important role parents must play in their child’s dating education. Adapting the Driver’s Ed manual, she expands 17 driving analogies, using everyday car and driving examples to teach parents how to reduce dating injuries. “Hold your horsepower there fella! I don’t think you’re firing on all cylinders.”
Learn how to shift gears if a student is Dating Under the Influence. Recognize dating Emergencies and Hazards. Turn common street signs into dating lessons. Endorse a Qualified Dating Instructor and assemble a Pit Crew to keep your students from crashing and burning.
Who should read this book?
ANY parent, ANYwhere that has children of ANY age.
Buckle up, parents. It’s the Law of Attraction. Do you have complete confidence in your own proving grounds? Unless you have a test track for dating in your backyard, this book is a must.
Save your student from a dating collision – Your window of opportunity is smaller than a garage door.
Lisa Jander is a Certified Life Coach, CTACC, public speaker and former director of a dating service in California. As the mother of two teens and surrogate to hundreds more, “Mama J” shares her unique relationship insights with her readers. Her powerful seminars and interactive workshops provide parents and students with creative tools to navigate the relationship highway.
You can reach order your copy of “Dater’s Ed” online at www.DatersEd.com.
Let me just say that this book came to me at the perfect time, my 16 year old son (who has been “dating” for a year) has just learned that he will have his heart ripped from his chest and stomped on (his words) when his girlfriend has to move 40 minutes away. This is just one of his issues with dating, and in return our issues, as my husband and I are left dealing with him, the aftershock of a argument and everything in between.
In the beginning, I tried to tell him that he just wasn’t ready to be dating. He proved me wrong by making it last more than a year now. But I really needed this book to help me touch on subjects that I didn’t know how to even bring up. He is always weirded out by talking to me about stuff like that. And I of course want him to have a better go of it than I did. Same with my daughters…..ugh, that is thankfully far away, or at least 6 years, by which time I WILL be reading this book again to brush up on everything!
I really loved this book and it touched on so many topics that I found very interesting, like how blogs play a very big part in finding out about the type of person your child wants to date. I recommend this book to ALL parents in preparation for your children hitting the dating age. And Lisa has been kind enough to donate one of her great books for me to give away to one Dirty Shirt reader. Please see rules below:
- MAIN RULE – Tell me in comments how far off you are to your children dating and what you may be worried about when they do start (if you already have kids that have started dating tell me one thing you have learned so far, any help we can all get is much appreciated ) (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count)
- 1 Extra Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed or by email (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Stumble this post and leave your Stumble name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Favorite The Dirty Shirt in Technorati and leave your name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Follow me on Twitter (button in subscribe section on on the right sidebar) and let me know your Twitter name in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry for Tweeting about this giveaway. Please leave direct URL in comments so I can check.
- 2 Extra Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog and to the Dater’s ED website.
This giveaway will run through midnight on January 29, with winner being announced the morning of January 30. Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and submitted to PRIZEYWinners as well as notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.