Doc McStuffins: Friendship is the Best Medicine | Dr. Abigail’s DVD Review
Company: Disney Junior
Item Reviewed: Doc McStuffins: Friendship is the Best Medicine DVD
“Doc McStuffins” is an imaginative animated series about Doc McStuffins, a six-year-old girl who communicates with and heals stuffed animals and broken toys out of her backyard playhouse clinic. Assisting Doc with the day-to-day operations at the clinic are her much-loved friends: Stuffy, an overly proud dragon; Lambie, her cuddly best friend; Hallie, a jolly and caring hippo nurse; Squeakers, an alarmist squeaky toy fish; and Chilly, a snowman who spends a lot of time getting check-ups at the clinic. Whether it’s a case of loose stitching, low batteries or a blow-up toy who’s sprung a leak, Doc and her pals are always there to lend a helping hand, while imparting to young viewers the importance of taking care of oneself and others. Each episode features two 11-minute stories and an original song and showcases the hallmarks of great Disney storytelling – fantasy and wish fulfillment.
The DVD contains five full length episodes, each consisting of two 11-minute stories, that highlight some of Doc’s favorite toys.
- ENGINE NINE, FEELIN’ FINE! – Doc and her toys learn a lesson about dehydration after discovering that Donny’s toy fire engine has run out of water.
- THE RIGHT STUFF – Stuffy rips his tail and tries to hide it from Doc and the other toys and learns that anyone can get hurt – even brave dragons.
- CAUGHT BLUE-HANDED – When a mysterious rash of blue spots breaks out among some of the toys in the clinic, Doc traces the “Mystery Pox” back to Donny’s toy monster, Glo-Bo who had been finger-painting earlier in the day and forgot to wash his hands. Glo-Bo is voiced by Jim Belushi.
- TO SQUEAK, OR NOT TO SQUEAK – Doc helps a plastic toy duck get his voice back after his squeaker pops out.
- BEN/ANNA SPLIT! – When Doc’s huggy monkey doll Ben loses the velcro patch that attaches him to his sister Anna, Doc glues it back on and tells him that he will have to stay in the clinic overnight while it dries.
- THAT’S JUST CLAW-FUL – Doc prescribes physical therapy for her crab bath toy Hermie after she reattaches one of his claws that has fallen off.
- THE RIP HEARD ROUND THE WORLD – While dancing with Lambie, Doc accidentally rips a hole in her fur.
- WALKIE-TALKIE TIME – Doc diagnoses a toy walkie-talkie with “Staticosis” and helps find his missing antenna so he can communicate clearly again.
- DARK KNIGHT – During a sleepover with all of her toys, Doc discovers that Sir Kirby is afraid of the dark and prescribes a night light to cure him of the “Dark Willies.”
- HALLIE GETS AN EARFUL – When Hallie is having trouble hearing, Doc gives her a hearing test and realizes that she has extra cotton stuck in her ears.
Dr. Abigail’s Thoughts
Dr. Abigail’s favorite new show on Disney Junior is Doc McStuffins, and she takes good care of her stuffed animals like you wouldn’t believe. And it is all thanks to watching the new Doc McStuffins: Friendship is the Best Medicine. She loves to wake up and watch a few of the episodes and then do it all over again when she gets home from school. She has a few favorites on this DVD like Ben /Anna Split and Hallie Gets an Earful but she has watched this entire DVD over and over again, most times in her Dr. outfit which she says makes her look just like Doc McStuffins. I am so glad to have this new DVD added to her Disney Junior library. Good wholesome family fun!
DVD and Costume were provided.