Fitbit Activity Monitor | Review and Giveaway
Company: Fitbit Inc.
Item Reviewed: Fitbit Activity Monitor
Item Given Away: Fitbit Activity Monitor
Start Date: May 23
End Date: June 6
The Fitbit accurately tracks your calories burned, steps taken, distance traveled and sleep quality. The Fitbit contains a 3D motion sensor like the one found in the Nintendo Wii. The Fitbit tracks your motion in three dimensions and converts this into useful information about your daily activities.
You can wear the Fitbit on your waist, in your pocket or on undergarments. At night, you can wear the Fitbit clipped to the included wristband in order to track your sleep. Anytime you walk by the included wireless base station, data from your Fitbit is silently uploaded in the background to Fitbit.com.
I never have been interested in seeing the stats of my activity, or sometimes, my inactivity. But once I got my hands on Fitbit I was hooked. The first day I wore it to track all my activity I didn’t do much so there was not a lot of activity to track. However, I changed that the next day by wearing it on my waistband to Universal Studios and boy did I get a work out. I ended up walking just under 6 miles, and Fitbit told me when I was still, when I was lightly active, fairly active and when I really moved. I love that it synced with my computer right when I got home and loved seeing that it tracked my calories burned, steps taken and so much more.
Screenshot from my Fitbit Dashboard
The Fitbit dashboard is amazing. I can log added activity, my food intake and track my weight. You can even wear Fitbit while you sleep so you can track how restless you are. And when you are out and about and want to add your food or activity you can use the Fitbit Mobile for Android and iPad/iPhone. That is super convenient for me seeing as I am always forgetting to add things when I get home.
I will have to say that now that I have Fitbit I am more compelled to more, I have even competed with myself to see if I can do more than I did the day before. My sleep patterns are all over the place, but that is expected between my insomnia and going to bed late and getting up early. All in all I love the Fitbit and I can say that it has been the motivation that I need to get my booty moving! There is just something about a gadget that can tell you what you have been doing. I recommend it to everyone!!!
I have the opportunity for one lucky Dirty t Shirt reader to win their own Fitbit. Please see the rules below to enter to win today!
- MAIN RULE – Tell me in comments what your favorite form of exercise is. (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count)
- 1 Extra Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed or by email (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Follow me on Twitter (button in header) and let me know your Twitter name in a separate comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Tweet this giveaway. Copy and paste – @Jentifa is giving away a Fitbit Activity Monitor! Check it out here http://bit.ly/jhO6ex. Then come back and leave the direct link to your tweet (go to your twitter account, click on the words when your tweet was sent (ie. 5 seconds ago) and copy and paste that link in comments.
- 1 Extra Entry – Friend me on Google Friend Connect on sidebar and leave a separate comment that you did.
- 2 Extra Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog.
This giveaway will run through midnight on June 6, with winner being announced the morning of June 7. Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.