Friday Evening | Cookbook Review and Giveaway
An excerpt from Friday Evening
There’s an old saying that there are two kinds of people in the world: those who eat to live and those who live to eat. I would of course be one of the second types. If you love to eat good food, love to shop at specialty markets and farmers’ markets, and occasionally pull something out of the ground and bring it, covered in dirt, into your kitchen, this book is for you. If you want to begin living La Dolce Vita (The Good Life) or just love to eat delicious food, this book tells you my secrets about how I transformed my life, starting with the Friday evening meal. You can do it, too.
Michele Carbone lives La Dolce Vita in Santa Barbara, California with her husband and two daughters. After her daughter Kristin’s catastrophic brain injury in 1996, her life in the fast lane came to a screeching halt. Her career ended, and life in the slow lane became the norm. Throughout the sleepless nights, days of therapy, and slow rehabilitation, her life’s priorities changed. Her love of cooking and eating sustained her creative urges and became the catalyst for a transformation into a new, simpler, and more rewarding culinary lifestyle, based on using recently harvested local seasonal foods.
This book is a must for every bookshelf. Not only is it full of delicious recipes packed full of Italian flair, but the beautiful images and the little personal stories add so much warmth and love to each page. I have shared this book with my husband and together, although we are not chefs by any means would love to try and tackle each recipe in the book because they all sound so scrumptious. But the one thing comes out shining throughout the book and that is food and family mix to make for beautiful memories. I have always wanted to have my own garden to grow my own vegetables and after reading through from cover to cover I want to do that more than ever. I highly recommend this book to everyone! Beautiful pictures, wonderful food, and touching stories. Great present for under the tree!
I have been given the wonderful opportunity to pass on a copy of Friday Evening to one lucky Dirty Shirt reader. Please see rules below to enter today!
- MAIN RULE – Tell me in comments what your favorite meal to cook is. (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count)
- 1 Extra Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed or by email (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Add my Christmas button to your site and let me know you did in a separate comment (code is at the top of blog)
- 1 Extra Entry – Follow me on Twitter (button in subscribe section on the right sidebar) and let me know your Twitter name in a separate comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Tweet this giveaway. Copy and paste – Merry Christmas! @Jentifa is giving away a copy of the Friday Evening Cookbook! Check it out here http://bit.ly/dhoJf. Then come back and leave the direct link to your tweet (go to your twitter account, click on the words when your tweet was sent (ie. 5 seconds ago) and copy and paste that link in comments.
- 2 Extra Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog.
This giveaway will run through midnight on December 2, with winner being announced the morning of December 3. Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.