HEXBUG | Review and Giveaway
The HEXBUG Nano is a tiny, collectible, micro robotic creature that uses the physics of vibration to propel forward and explore its environment. Powered by a tiny motor, and 12 fixed, angular legs, the industrious critter traverses the ground beneath it and quickly navigates through the most complex mazes. Possessing an uncanny sense of balance, it can even flip to its feet and zoom forward when turned on its back! When coming into contact with an object in its path, the energetic insect will switch directions and scurry away on a new path due to its persistent random behavior.
HexBug Nano – Collectible Battery Powered Robots:
- Crawling bugs
- Behaves like a real bug
- Flips over by itself
- Fits in your hand
- Batteries included
Available at HexBug.com for $9.99. Can also be found at Toys R Us and Radio Shack
This is one of the cutest bugs I have ever seen and you won’t hear me saying that too often! It is also super hyper which is something that has brought a lot of laughter to my kids, especially my toddler. She loves turning it on and setting it down only to chase after it laughing and screaming the whole time. It has provided her with hours of entertainment. It zips around and around so fast that its hard to catch sometimes, which just cracks everyone who is watching you. While I think it is a wonderful toy for my toddler (used with supervision of course) I want to share with you a huge plus to this product in my eyes.
Those that are regular readers have read about my nephew who has Autism. It has been hard for my sister to find something that will grasp his attention for longer than a few seconds before he darts off to find something else. When I showed him the HEXBUG Nano he was riveted! Not only did he want to hold on to it but he spent 45 minutes actually interacting with it even shouting “NO” when it went under a cabinet. He laughed and had such a good time with it and it has been a rare time to find something he likes so much, so we gave him our review bug so he could continue to play with something he liked, and he has been having fun with it on a regular basis. So for that alone the HEXBUG gets a huge plus from me, because it put a smile on my nephew’s face.
The HEXBUG would make the perfect Christmas stocking stuffer as it is packaged in a test tube (as shown on the left) and it is sure to bring laughs and conversation to every family. One of the cool things about this is that each bug has a code on it that you can add here to keep track of your collection, play games and learn about science. This is definitely all around great gift for a great price!
And I have some good news, I have been offered the chance to give away two HEXBUGS to two Dirty Shirt readers. Please see rules below to enter to win today!
- MAIN RULE – Tell me in comments who you would give this to if you are one of the winners. (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count)
- 1 Extra Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed or by email (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Add my Christmas button to your site and let me know you did in a separate comment (code is at the top of blog)
- 1 Extra Entry – Follow me on Twitter (button in subscribe section on the right sidebar) and let me know your Twitter name in a separate comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Tweet this giveaway. Copy and paste – Merry Christmas! @Jentifa is giving away a HEXBUG Nano Micro Robotic Creature! 2 Winners! Check it out here http://bit.ly/6zMwcD. Then come back and leave the direct link to your tweet (go to your twitter account, click on the words when your tweet was sent (ie. 5 seconds ago) and copy and paste that link in comments.
- 2 Extra Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog.
This giveaway will run through midnight on December 12, with winner being announced the morning of December 13. Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.