Karma Bean Soup and the Beano Salvation
Okay I have a confession to make. I love beans, all kinds in all shapes and sizes, however I do not like what they do to my system. But I never have to worry as I always have Beano on hand, to reduce the gas these yummy foods give me. And it’s not just beans, there are a whole slew of foods that both my husband and I used to stay away from because of their gas giving potential but with Beano we can enjoy all the foods we want and know that we have a solution on hand.
You can get the following Beano products:
- Beano Tablets – Beano tablets can be chewed or swallowed with water. Just take Beano as directed when you’re eating meals with foods that can cause gas.
- Beano Meltaways – One Beano Meltaway works the same as two Beano tablets. Just place on your tongue before your first bite, and it will melt away in seconds with a smooth, light flavor to help prevent gas from happening.
- Beano To Go – Get Beano tablets in a convenient travel pack that can easily be stashed in your purse, your glove compartment or anywhere your life takes you.
I was recently asked to participate in a Beano “Be Natural” Virtual Cook-Off and I was excited to test my cooking skills by creating a recipe mixed with all the things my family likes to eat and I came up with a pretty tasty dish, if I do say so myself! Please see the recipe below.
Here is the before shot when all went into the Crockpot
- 2 Cans Black-eyed Peas
- 1/2 lb. Lentils
- 1 1lb. Cooked Ham (slices or whole)
- 6 Slices Cooked Bacon
- 4 Cups of Water
- 4 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 4 Stalks of Celery, Chopped
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 2 Leeks, bulb only, chopped
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Parsley
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cumin
- Combine the Black-eyed Peas, Lentils, 4 Cups of Water, Chopped Celery, Diced Onion, Bay Leaves, Ham, Cumin, Garlic Powder, and Parsley in a Crockpot.
- Melt Butter in pan and add Olive Oil. Stir in Leeks and cook until tender. Remove the Leeks and place in Crockpot. In the same pan place the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove and chop and add to the Crockpot.
- Pour Chicken Broth into the pan and stir to get the pan clean of drippings. Pour into Crockpot and add Salt and Pepper. Cook on High 4 hours.
- Remove Bay Leaves before serving and discard. Garnish with fresh parsley.
I am participating in a sponsored campaign for Beano. I received promotional items and Beano products in exchange for my participation. The opinions stated here are 100% my own.