National Migraine Awareness Month with Excedrin | Giveaway
Item Reviewed: None at this time
Item Given Away: Excedrin Migraine Awareness Gift Pack
Start Date: June 17
End Date: July 2
This month is an important one as it will bring awareness to the millions of people who suffer from migraines. The facts about migraines have been made available from Dr. Keri Peterson, internist:
- Roughly 36 million people in the United States suffer from migraines , and three out of every four migraine sufferers are women typically ages 18 through 35. o A migraine can be severe and debilitating. Symptoms can include an intense pounding or throbbing. Migraines are typically associated with nausea and sensitivity to light and sound and the pain is usually felt on one side of the head.
- While fatigue and stress can trigger headaches in some people, migraines also have additional unique triggers:
- Diet: Certain chemicals in food and beverages can cause migraines. Eating more fresh and fewer processed foods can also help rid your body of toxins or chemicals that could be causing your headaches.
- Hydration: Dehydration can lead to migraines. Drinking plenty of water can help prevent this, and also helps rid your body of chemicals and toxins.
- Weather changes: Changes in weather or barometric pressure can trigger migraines.
- Menstrual cycle: Women with a history of migraines often report headaches immediately before or during their periods, when they have a drop in estrogen.
- As there are numerous potential migraine triggers, and these triggers vary from person to person, tracking these potential migraine triggers is key for helping to manage migraines. o In fact, a recent survey conducted by Novartis Consumer Health, Inc., the makers of Excedrin® Migraine found that an overwhelming majority of female migraine sufferers (93%) wish they knew more about their migraine triggers, while only 11 percent of women who suffer from migraines track their triggers regularly.
I have migraines triggered by just about everything on that list. Some weeks are good for me, maybe having one or two, but there are weeks that I have one just about everyday. It makes it easier to see exactly what is causing them and track how long they last using the MY Migraine Triggers iPhone App. Developed by the makers of Excedrin® this app allows me to track the causes of my migraines and gathers this data into reports and charts that can easily be shared with my doctor. I have said it before and I will say it again, my doctor loves that I come prepared to my visits We have been able to pinpoint a few of my issues by using the data this app collects. And by doing so I have found a few different triggers which I know to try to avoid. I love using the MY Migraine Triggers app.
Now of course I take Excedrin® Migraine for my migraines which is the #1 neurologist recommended over-the-counter brand for migraine relief . It really helps get them under control or even takes them away completely. I have some fun things to giveaway to one Dirty t Shirt reader, things that will help minimize your migraines. Please see rules below to enter to win the Excedrin Prize Pack that includes:
- Aero Snooze: Three-piece set includes TSA-compliant carrying pouch with soft nylon eye mask and foam earplugs to help travelers drift off to sleep.
- Memory Foam Travel Neck Pillow: This u-shaped travel pillow is made of memory foam to provide support that correctly aligns your neck and spine, while supporting your head in sumptuously soft comfort.
- Tritan From Eastman Water Bottle with Straw: This 25 oz. bottle is made of durable Tritan material, BPA free and meets FDA requirements. This bottle is impact and shatter resistant and does not retain odor and/or taste.
I am an Excedrin® Migraine brand ambassador, my journey for a migraine-free experience is my own.