New Super Mario Bros. 2 | Nintendo 3DS Game Review
Item Reviewed: New Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario Hits the Mushroom Kingdom Jackpot
Bowser has once again kidnapped Princess Peach, but this time, Mario has another objective. The Mushroom Kingdom is bursting with more gold coins than before. Each level is littered with gold as coins rain down from overhead pipes, trails of coins are left behind special gold enemies and gold pipes transport Mario into coin-filled caverns. It’s up to players to collect as many coins as possible throughout their adventure.
- The game records all the coins players collect throughout the game, so completing a level is only part of the fun. Every level is filled with golden opportunities, such as gold rings that turn enemies into valuable gold versions and a Gold Flower that gives Mario the ability to turn almost anything in his path into coins.
- Coin Rush Mode allows players to collect as many coins as possible across three levels and challenge friends to beat their record via StreetPass.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 is an all-new side-scrolling adventure game featuring Mario and Luigi. Two players who each own the game will have the option to play the entire game in two-player multiplayer mode using local wireless.
- The return of Raccoon Mario gives Mario the ability to fly and access hidden areas.
- Players will have the option to either purchase the game at retail stores or download the entire game through the Nintendo eShop.
Woohoo!!! There is a new Mario game and I am one very happy gamer! The Mario franchise is by far one of my top favorites and the biggest reason is that these games ROCK! I never tire of Mario and his adventures and I am loving all the new features in the New Super Mario Bros. 2 3DS game. Love, love, love the return of the Racoon Mario, a feature I have sorely missed and flying in game has once again made the game for me. I love the Coin Rush Mode but I can definitely work harder at collecting coins as my kids are continuously beating me lol When my daughter gets her copy I can’t wait to try out the multi-player mode, because this game is fun on my own but I think it will be a blast when we both play together.
The New Super Mario Bros. 2 invokes all the gamer feeling I am familiar with, and is not easy by any means. Instead it challenges me to get through even when I keep dying, which isn’t much of a problem seeing I have something like 47 lives. So I push on through underwater levels (my least favorite, not a good underwater gamer lol) and on through the desert. Whatever the terrain the New Super Mario Bros. 2 3DS game is a great one to have to play for just a few minutes or a few hours and I HIGHLY recommend everyone, young or old, boy or girl add it to their gaming library!!!!