PicPocket Books | Baby MedBasics | iPhone / iPod App | Review
Company: PicPocket Books
Item Reviewed: Baby MedBasics iPod App
With PicPocketBooks, children can:
- LOOK at the same pretty pictures featured in the printed book! We reproduce both the words and the images on your phone.
- LISTEN to one of our narrators or to one of the family! And coming soon, friends and family can read and record the story in their own voices!
- TOUCH the screen to turn the page or let the page turn automatically, perfect for less dexterous little ones!
- LEARN to read! Words will highlight as the text is read and replay when touched for on-the-go education.
Baby MedBasics: Your baby is choking, do you know what to do? Does your babysitter? This app was created by a doctor who’s also a dad and by a nurse mom. Baby Medbasics turns your moments of panic into moments of action. After having to save their own son from choking, the founders of MedBasics realized that part of loving any baby is knowing what to do during an emergency and making sure everyone who cares for him or her does as well. With brightly color-coded navigation tabs, simple instructions and illustrations, you’ll be able to handle choking, CPR, bleeding, fever emergencies and more.
PicPocket Books brings Baby MedBasics to the mobile iPhone app format. Lifesaving information is now at your fingertips. Easy to use: a single tap takes you to step-by-step CPR instructions, and more. Pages swipe for quick navigation, a must for any parents and caregivers looking after an infant.
- So easy – anyone can use it
- High fidelity illustrations and diagrams
- Age range – applies to babies from birth to one year
- Includes preparing for an emergency and the medical ABC’s
While my kids are too old for this app, I still wanted to review it and share the information with my readers because I know just how helpful something like this is to have. I wish it was around when my kids were babies because I think I wouldn’t have been so freaked out when certain things happened and would have known what to do. This app is full of information to help you in various emergencies and gives you step-by-step instructions how to be as helpful as you can be. I HIGHLY recommend the Baby MedBasics app to all parents who have babies all the way through year one.