Pokémon Black Version 2 / White Version 2 | Nintendo DS Game Review
Item Reviewed: Pokémon Black Version 2 / White Version 2 DS Games
A Timeless Pokémon Adventure Continues with Loads of New Features!
Return to the captivating Unova region two years after the events of the original Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version games — the first time in the core Pokémon game series that a storyline has continued from one game to another. In the Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 games, players can explore new areas, discover Gyms with new leaders and see how everything has changed in the last two years.
- The Unova region has changed and grown in the two years since the original Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version games. The first towns players travel through are completely new, and some characters from the previous games have grown and moved into different roles.
- In Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, players will also be able to catch some of the Pokémon from outside the Unova region, such as Eevee, Riolu, Tyranitar, Arcanine and Mareep, right from the start of the game.
- Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 feature the Pokémon World Tournament, an exciting battle arena where players will be able to take on numerous Gym Leaders and Champions from previous Pokémon video games. Fans of the series will be able to battle trainers like Lance, Champion from the Johto Region, and Volkner, Gym Leader from the Sinnoh Region. Players can also use a variety of battle styles and moves found in Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 against these classic opponents.
- In addition to this new series installment, the downloadable Pokédex 3D Pro and Pokémon Dream Radar will both be coming to the Nintendo eShop, giving Nintendo 3DS players new ways to catch and learn about their favorite Pokémon.
- Pokémon Dream Radar lets players use several different features of the Nintendo 3DS system, including the Nintendo 3DS camera, motion control and augmented-reality technology, to discover and catch Pokémon. The game includes hard-to-find Pokémon such as the new Therian Formes of Legendary Pokémon Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus. Players can transfer Pokémon they have caught with Pokémon Dream Radar into their Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 games (visible in 2D only).
- Pokédex 3D Pro is a fully enhanced and upgraded version of the original Pokédex 3D application that includes detailed information about the more than 640 Pokémon featured in the history of the Pokémon video game series. Pokédex 3D Pro will include in-depth sorting, comparison and ranking tools, as well as comprehensive details on what abilities each Pokémon can learn and how it evolves.
Yeah!!! Pokémon is back with Black & White Version 2. These separate games are going to provide me with hours and I mean hours of fun game playing for the next few months. I have been a huge fan of this gaming series and have played every other game and while they have the same base for story and game play they are very different from the one before. I love that the beginning of the game is fresh and new right off the bat and exploring the new town has me meeting new people and even some older characters who have “evolved”. The gym leader battles are always a favorite of mine, sometimes I lose sometimes I win. I have this thing where sometimes I am so happy with my main Pokémon that I forget the others and need to farm to level them up for battles.
I have started the Pokémon White Version 2 while my son is playing Pokémon Black Version 2 so we can collect different characters and eventually battle each other, the ultimate battle for us lol. I highly recommend you adding these two new Pokémon games to your collection, you will love them!