Pond’s Superior Clean Challenge | Review and Giveaway
The impressive track record of Pond’s began when Theron T. Pond, a pharmacist from Utica New York, introduced ‘Pond’s Golden Treasure’ in 1846, a witch-hazel based wonder product. In 1886 it was relaunched as Pond’s Extract and in 1914 Pond’s Cold Cream and Vanishing Cream marked the brand’s evolution to a beauty icon. By the mid-1920s it was reflecting this positioning with endorsements by society beauties. Its stylish image was underpinned by guarantees of product delivery and an understanding of women’s beauty routines and needs.
POND’S Wet Cleansing Towelettes, the No. 1 brand of wet cleansing towelettes, gently remove make-up and even waterproof mascara. Clinical studies have shown that Pond’s towelettes remove the make-up that other brands leave behind – taking off up to 40 percent more than other leading towelettes.
- More effective at removing make-up than any other leading towelette
- Contains Triple Tea Antioxidant Complex, Vitamin E and Chamomile
- Luxuriously quilted cloths with a unique diamond texture allow for a deep clean without leaving any residue behind
- Three different varieties: Original Clean, Micro-Dermabrasion and Age-Defying
My challenge for Pond’s was to see if I liked the way their brand took makeup off and in general how good of a job did it do compared to my normal brand Olay. Below are my findings from packaging to how they work:
- Packaging - Ponds is in a more compact package being shorter than Olay. Their coloring is also more eye catching with muted colors. This package also fits in my makeup bag a lot better leaving more room for other things.
- Towelettes – Both come with 30 per package. Pond’s are a bit bigger offering more room on the towelette to let it do its job. They both smell good but I actually prefer the subtler scent of Pond’s than my normal Olay. Pond’s also seems to have less liquid that comes out of it, meaning that it goes on smoother and dries much quicker than Olay. Olay seems to have too much coming out of it, something I never really noticed until comparing the two.
- After a full day of wearing makeup I used Pond’s on the left side of my face and Olay on the right side. Pond’s did a much better job of cleaning the makeup off and even had to go back to the right side to finish up that side. I scrubbed just as hard and just as long and found that the unique pattern of the Pond’s towelette seems to really get in their and grabs a hold of the dirt and gets it off.
I have been able to determine that although my normal Olay brand has provided me with cleanliness in the past I will now be using Pond’s to get a cleaner face than I had previously been getting. I recommend Pond’s Wet Cleansing Towelettes to everyone, and if you don’t believe me when I say they work, try them out for yourself by winning one of two packages I have to giveaway today! See rules below to enter to win and don’t forget to…
Visit www.ponds.lifestyle.msn.com where you can:
- Get more information on the Pond’s money-back guarantee
- Find summer beauty tips
- Download coupons for free Pond’s Wet Cleansing Towelettes
- MAIN RULE – Tell me in comments what you normally use to clean your face. (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count)
- 1 Extra Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed or by email (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Favorite The Dirty Shirt in Technorati and leave your name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Follow me on Twitter (button in subscribe section on on the right sidebar) and let me know your Twitter name in a separate comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Tweet this giveaway. Copy and paste – @Jentifa is giving away Pond’s Wet Cleansing Towelettes! Check it out here http://tinyurl.com/ycaxso5. Then come back and leave the direct link to your tweet (go to your twitter account, click on the words when your tweet was sent (ie. 5 seconds ago) and copy and paste that link in comments.
- 2 Extra Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog.
This giveaway will run through midnight on October 19, with winner being announced the morning of October 20. Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.