Professor Parrot Review & Giveaway
Research has shown that children who are exposed to sounds from foreign languages during the early months develop tonal memories that enhance their ability to learn multiple languages. Simply by listening, neural pathways are activated and sound recognition skills are increased, making it easier for your child to acquire languages later in life.
Developed by a team of linguistic and musical specialists, this series contains the basic sounds from eight languages integrated with the folk music from each culture. This 2-CD set provides 15-minute segments of Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Chinese, English. Russian and Hebrew.
Join Professor Parrot, who speaks every language in the world, on an adventure to help four children become friends despite their different languages. Through songs, games, dances and puppets, children discover that making friends all over the world is the best part of learning a new language.
This Spanish learning program teaches more than 150 Spanish words and phrases in this 30-minute DVD. Here’s what you can learn:
- Ask and say your name to the tune of “La Bamba”
- Play a lively rhythmic game to learn parts of the body
- Recognize and repeat the familiar story of “Goldilocks and the Three Bears.”
- Count from one to twenty singing and dancing to the “Mexican Hat Dance”
- Experience the colors of the rainbow signing to “Cielito Lindo.”
Professor Parrot’s Sound Beginnings is a great set of CDs. I have put them on everyday for the past 2 weeks and my toddler loves them. I know she is a tad bit beyond birth where babies really get the beginnings but she will sit and really listen. We have made it a part of her nap time ritual or really anytime she is getting ready for bed we will put it on and just sit quietly and listen. She is in the repeating stage right now and I have heard try to say some of the words, especially the French words. I really like this set of CDs and do believe they will lay a great foundation for foreign language learning in later years.
Now Professor Parrot Speaks Spanish takes things in a whole different direction. My toddler and even my 9 year old don’t like to just sit and watch this one. They both get up and dance and say things in Spanish and have an all around good time with this DVD. My 9 year old can now easily count to 20 thanks to this. And it’s such a fun way to learn the language.
I have good news too. I will be giving away 2 sets of the Professor Parrot CDs and DVD. So we will have 2 lucky winners in this giveaway each getting Professor Parot’s Sound Beginnings and Professor Parrot Speaks Spanish. See rules below to enter:
- MAIN RULE – Tell me in comments who you would give this great set of CDs and a DVD to if you are the winner. (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count)
- 1 Extra Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed or by email (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Stumble this post and leave your Stumble name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Favorite The Dirty Shirt in Technorati and leave your name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Follow me on Twitter (button in subscribe section on on the right sidebar) and let me know your Twitter name in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry for Tweeting about this giveaway. Please leave direct URL in comments so I can check.
- 2 Extra Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog and to Professor Parrot website.
This giveaway will run through midnight on March 24, with winner being announced the morning of March 25. Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.