Real Kids Shades | Review and Giveaway
Company: Real Kids Shades
Item Reviewed: Real Kids Shades in Teal Daisy
Item Given Away: Real Kids Shades winners choice
Start Date: February 25
End Date: March 11
Real Kids Shades line of protective infants’ and children’s sunglasses provide 100% UV-A and UV-B ray protection. Real Kids Shades are safe, lead-free and made of impact-resistant, shatterproof polycarbonate frames and lenses, a material that is hailed by Prevent Blindness America as “the first choice for children’s eyewear.” Exclusively designed for infants, toddlers, and children 12 years old and under, Real Kids Shades come in a wide assortment of polycarbonate shatterproof frames and lenses with either adjustable neoprene bands, rubber flex or matte metallic finishes. Several of the styles can be fitted with prescription lenses. The sunglasses are especially designed to be kid-friendly, comfortable to wear, adaptable to sports, and stylish.
KIDS ARE AT GREATER RISK FROM UV RAYS
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, until they’re about 10 years old children are at an increased risk for permanent retinal damage from sunlight. Exposure to UVA and UVB rays can lead to eye disease, such as macular degeneration, which scientists now believe is a leading cause of blindness in adults.
SERIOUS SUN PROTECTION
Sunglasses for babies, toddlers, and kids up to age 5 have to do two things:
- Provide 100% protection from UVA and UVB rays, and
- Be comfortable, attractive, and durable so they are used.
- Adjustable neoprene bands are so comfortable, babies tell us they love to wear them.
- Our neoprene bands make these shades float, in salt water, fresh water, and swimming pools.
- Shatterproof, impact-resistant polycarbonate lenses and frames stand up to kid life. Frames can be fitted with prescription lenses, if you like.
I never really thought about the importance of the suns rays on my kids eyes before. I mean I knew to keep them out of the sun and under their shaded strollers, but besides a floppy hat I never really thought much more past that. After learning of this company and reading up on the dangers, especially those that lead to blindness I took an interest in knowing more.
My toddler loves her sunglasses and loves putting them on even if the sun isn’t out. What I like is this new protection she has for her eyes now, the stylish design her glasses come in (and there are many more on their website) and the ease of use with the adjustable strap, even she can do it. I love these glasses and highly recommend everyone learning more about UV-A and UV-B ray protection and how to prevent blindness. For more information go to Real Kids Shades today.
And if you would like to win your very own pair for your child please see rules below and enter to win.
- MAIN RULE – Go to the Real Kids website and choose the age range of your child and pick out a favorite design and then come back here and tell me in comments which one you chose. (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count)
- 1 Extra Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed or by email (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Follow me on Twitter (button in subscribe section on the right sidebar) and let me know your Twitter name in a separate comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Tweet this giveaway. Copy and paste – @Jentifa is giving away winners choice Real Kids Shades! Check it out here http://bit.ly/bvO8Rx. Then come back and leave the direct link to your tweet (go to your twitter account, click on the words when your tweet was sent (ie. 5 seconds ago) and copy and paste that link in comments.
- NEW – 1 Extra Entry – Friend me on Google Friend Connect on sidebar and leave a separate comment that you did.
- 2 Extra Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog.
This giveaway will run through midnight on March 11, with winner being announced the morning of March 12. Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.