Stop Whining, Start Living Review And Giveaway
Whining is a part of everyday life, weather you hear it from your family, your kids or even your lips, it’s there. And while it is okay to whine about things at times it is not okay to get stuck in a whining rut, a mode that could lead to a life long problem. Building on the principles developed during her long career as a licensed marriage and family therapist and addressing the chronic struggles of so many of her listeners and readers, Dr. Laura issues an important message in the no-nonsense but compassionate voice that is her trademark: If you don’t like your life, quit talking about your unhappiness and try to fix it, no matter how difficult or impossible your situation seems.
I am a firm believer in the theory of you are the only one in your life that can change your unhappiness. Don’t always talk about the bad, wrong, negative but work towards changing it. Trust me I have had my fair share of whining but if I had let my hard times win by doing nothing but complaining about them, then I wouldn’t be where I am today.
Stop Whining, Start Living gives readers the jump start they need to break out of the reactive mode and get proactive, moving in the direction of a joyful, meaningful, fulfilling, and purposeful future. Everyone can use a kick in the pants sometimes, and Dr. Laura, who “preaches, teaches, and nags” to millions everyday on her radio program, is here to deliver!
Get a sneak peek at what this book has to offer you by clicking the browse inside link here. And if you are ready to get a different start or would like to find out how I have good news for you! The great folks at Harper Collins have offered 5 copies for me to giveaway to The Dirty Shirt readers. See below for rules:
- MAIN RULE – Tell me in comments something that you would like to change about yourself (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count)
- 1 Extra Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed or by email (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Stumble this post and leave your Stumble name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Favorite The Dirty Shirt in Technorati and leave your name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Follow me on Twitter (button in subscribe section on on the right sidebar) and let me know your Twitter name in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry for Tweeting about this giveaway. Please leave direct URL in comments so I can check.
- 2 Extra Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog.
This giveaway will run through midnight on January 16, with winner being announced the morning of January 17. Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and submitted to PRIZEYWinners as well as notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.