Sunsweet Philippine Pineapple | Review and Giveaway
Founded in 1917 as the California Prune and Apricot Growers Association, the cooperative served as a marketing agent to offer the crops of its members – under the brand name “Sunsweet” – to consumers at better prices than were offered by individual growers.
Today, Sunsweet processes and markets the dried fruit production of more than 400 grower-members with orchard holdings primarily in California’s Sacramento and San Joaquin valleys. After nearly nine decades, Sunsweet boasts an enviable brand recognition of 85 percent in American households, placing it in the very top rank of long-standing successful American products.
Taste the difference of Sunsweet Philippine Pineapple and enjoy the flavor of this healthy and satisfying treat. Once you take a bite of Sunsweet Philippine Pineapple, you’ll think you’re eating fresh pineapple right on the plantation… juicy, sweet and delightfully fresh! Naturally flavorful, it will tantalize your taste buds, and you’ll find yourself coming back for more.
Enjoy this delicious treat as a mid-day snack, in your favorite recipe or simply to satisfy that sweet tooth without feeling too guilty.
I will have to say that I have found my new favorite, tasty snack. I have never been into dried fruits before so I hadn’t really had too many before this one. I have always known that they were a healthy snack alternative for my kids so I was anxious to try this out for my review, beside pineapple is my favorite fruit. I was not disappointed and my kids loved this. I can totally see myself stashing a bag of Sunsweet Pineapple in my desk draw for my mid-afternoon snacking. And I am so happy that my toddler liked it, because I would certainly rather give her dried fruit than some of the other things she asks for. And oh, it’s so juicy too doesn’t taste like dried fruit at all. My family loves this product!
What makes Sunsweet Philippine Pineapple so different? For starters it is grown in ideal conditions in the Philippines, planted at elevations of 2,000 to 3,000 feet, where cooler temperatures help add more moisture to the finished product. In addition, Sunsweet’s dried pineapple is actually infused with real pineapple juice – it’s so sweet and juicy you don’t believe it’s actually dried fruit!
How would you like to be able to try out the Sunsweet Philippine Pineapple for yourself? I have the chance to giveaway away to 10 lucky Dirty Shirt readers a Sunsweet Prize Pack that contains a reusable shopping bag and a VIP coupon good for any Sunsweet product up to a $5.50 value. There are 10 up for grabs. If you like Pineapple you are definitely going to want to enter this one! See rules below…
- MAIN RULE – Go to the Sunsweet Product page here and tell me in comments which product you have tried before or would like to try. (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count)
- 1 Extra Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed or by email (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Favorite The Dirty Shirt in Technorati and leave your name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Follow me on Twitter (button in subscribe section on on the right sidebar) and let me know your Twitter name in a separate comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Tweet this giveaway. Copy and paste – @Jentifa is giving away a Sunsweet Philippine Pineapple to 10 winners! Check it out here http://tinyurl.com/nfgsrw. Then come back and leave the direct link to your tweet (go to your twitter account, click on the words when your tweet was sent (ie. 5 seconds ago) and copy and paste that link in comments.
- 2 Extra Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog.
This giveaway will run through midnight on August 18, with winner being announced the morning of August 19. Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.