Sylvan 4th Grade Super Workbook Review And Giveaway
Why Sylvan Works
Sylvan has been a proven and trusted partner for parents for thirty years. Sylvan’s line of educational products equip families with fun, effective, and grade-appropriate learning tools. Our workbooks and learning kits feature activities, stories, and games to reinforce the skills children need to develop and achieve their academic potential. Students will reap the rewards of improved confidence and a newfound love of learning.
Being a homeschooling parent I am always on the lookout for books, workbooks, DVDs, CDs and just about anything else that I can use to teach my children. So when I was asked to review the Sylvan Super Workbook for 4th grade I jumped at the chance. My middle child is in 4th grade and I knew this would be put to good use!
I am happy to report that after a few weeks of working through this book I am pleased with how the workbook is put together. See the Super Workbooks are actually three subjects in one. You get Spelling, Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension in engaging exercises and activities all based on Sylvan’s proven system. This is what you can expect from the Sylvan system in the workbooks:
- Bite-sized skills increase confidence.
- Repeated practice ensures mastery.
- High-interest topics keep kids’ attention.
- Self-assessment allows kids to determine their strengths and learn where they need more practice.
I am very impressed with how they use the information they need to teach the kids. My daughter has picked up some great study habits and she loves that we don’t spend hours on one subject. I recommend these workbooks to everyone homeschooler or not, as they can really add to your child’s learning experience.
I have been given the wonderful opportunity to also host a giveaway of 1 of the Super Reading Success 4th Grade Super Workbooks. Please see below for the rules to enter:
- MAIN RULE – Tell me in comments what else you would like to try from Sylvan by looking around here. (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count)
- 1 Extra Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed or by email (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Stumble this post and leave your Stumble name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Favorite The Dirty Shirt in Technorati and leave your name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Follow me on Twitter (button in subscribe section on on the right sidebar) and let me know your Twitter name in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry for Tweeting about this giveaway. Please leave direct URL in comments so I can check.
- 2 Extra Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog.
This giveaway will run through midnight on March 2, with winner being announced the morning of March 3. Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.