The Klutz Guide To The Galaxy | Book Review and Giveaway
Item Reviewed: The Klutz Guide To The Galaxy
Item Given Away: The Klutz Guide To The Galaxy – 3 Winners
Start Date: April 20
End Date: May 4
THE KLUTZ GUIDE TO THE GALAXY – by Pat Murphy and the Scientists of Klutz Labs
Isn’t it time you discovered your place in the galaxy?
Explore the universe without leaving the comfort of your backyard. When the scientists at Klutz Labs tackle outer space, we not only ask questions like “Where’s the Big Dipper” but also “If I lived on planet Mercury, am I already old enough to drive?” Use the included telescope, red light for night use, sundial, and astrolab to start exploring our great galaxy.
Learn more about the galaxy here.
The Lyrid meteor shower is not one of the strongest of the annual meteor showers, but it can be enjoyable to those who are interested in meteors or just want to see a fun show in the night sky with your family and friends.
3 things you should know about observing the Lyrids:
- The Lyrid meteor shower for 2011 is set to occur from April 16 to April 26
- The Lyrids move rather fast. When you see a meteor, mentally trace it backwards. If you end up at the constellation Lyra then you have probably seen a Lyrid meteor!
- Astronomers are predicting that at its peak hours (on the 22nd, in the United States), the Lyrids should produce about 15 meteors per hour. On the 21st and 23rd, the Lyrids should produce about 5 per hour. These dates may be a day off depending on where in the world you are located.
Fun facts courtesy of the following website, visit for more details!
This book has been a hit with my son! He tore into the book because he loves books on the stars and the galaxy. He put together some of the items in it and came and showed them to me, just like he used to when he was younger. He said he loved the book and he will be looking toward the night sky for the Lyrid meteor shower.
I have been given the opportunity to host a giveaway for The Klutz Guide To The Galaxy to three lucky Dirty t Shirt readers. Please see rules below to enter to win today!
Prizing & Sample book courtesy of Klutz
- MAIN RULE – Tell me in comments if you have ever wished upon a star and if so did it come true? (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count)
- 1 Extra Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed or by email (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Follow me on Twitter (button in header) and let me know your Twitter name in a separate comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Tweet this giveaway. Copy and paste – @Jentifa is giving away The Klutz Guide to the Galaxy – 3 Winners! Check it out here http://bit.ly/ecUXaz. Then come back and leave the direct link to your tweet (go to your twitter account, click on the words when your tweet was sent (ie. 5 seconds ago) and copy and paste that link in comments.
- 1 Extra Entry – Friend me on Google Friend Connect on sidebar and leave a separate comment that you did.
- 2 Extra Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog.
This giveaway will run through midnight on May 4, with winner being announced the morning of May 5. Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canadian residents only.