The Night Before Christmas Review And Giveaway
I recently got to see this DVD along with my kids and I have to say that is good, fun family entertainment. With Scholastic’s Storybook Treasures version of this classic show you are guaranteed to love it. My kids liked it so much they watched it twice in one night. And this DVD has 7 stories on it, they include:
- The Night Before Christmas – By Clement Clarke Moore, illustrated by Ruth Sanderson, narrated by Anthony Edwards. The stocking were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there.
- In the Month of Kislev – By Nina Jaffe, illustrated by Louise August, narrated by Theodore Bikel. A wealthy, arrogant merchant learns the true meaning of Hanukkah when he takes the family of a poor peddler to court for savoring the smell of his family’s potato pancakes.
- Seven Candles for Kwanzaa – By Andrea Davis Pinkney, illustrated by Brian Pinkney, narrated by Alfre Woodard. This unique holiday celebrates the strength of family, respect for ancestors, community, and gratitude for life’s bounties.
- Too Many Tamales – By Gary Soto, illustrated by Ed Martinez, narrated by Blanca Camacho. Maria feels very grown-up helping make Christmas dinner, until she realizes that she may have lost her mother’s ring in one of the tamales!
With 3 bonus stories:
- Max’s Christmas – Written and illustrated by Rosemary Wells, narrated by Jenny Agutter and Rex Robbins. Max is told that he can’t stay up to see Santa, but he sneaks down anyway. Will Santa still come if Max is awake?
- Morris’s Disappearing Bag – Written and illustrated by Rosemary Wells. Morris thinks his brother and sisters have better Christmas presents. But inside the last box under the tree he finds a magical gift that makes all his troubles disappear.
- The Little Drummer Boy – By Katherine Davis, Henry Oronati and Harry Simeone, illustrated by Ezra Jack Keats, narrated by John Jennings. Joyful drumming and glowing illustrations combine to celebrate the nativity.
This DVD features all 7 stories on one DVD Plus: Spanish version of Too Many Tamales
Approx. 73 minutes including extras. For ages 3-9.
Would you like to win a copy for yur kids? I have one to give away to a Dirty Shirt reader. Rules are below:
- MAIN RULE – Tell me in comments what your favorite Christmas show or story is . (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count)
- 1 Extra Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed or by email (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Stumble this post and leave your Stumble name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Favorite The Dirty Shirt in Technorati and leave your name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Follow me on Twitter (button on the top left sidebar) and let me know your Twitter name in a separate comment
- 2 Extra Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog.
This Christmas Giveaway will run through midnight on December 20, with winner being announced the morning of the 21st. Because of how close this is to Christmas, I can not guarantee shipping before Christmas Day, either for myself or for the companies that will be shipping the prizes. Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and submitted to PRIZEYWinners as well as notified via email the first week of December. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.