TuneUp Utilities – Version 2010 | Review and Giveaway
Item Reviewed: TuneUp Utilities 2010
Item Given Away: TuneUp Utilities 2010
Start Date: February 21
End Date: March 7
The success story began eleven years ago when TuneUp founders Tibor Schiemann and Christoph Laumann developed Germany’s first complete package for the optimization of Windows PCs. The program was called “TuneUp 97 – the intelligent tuning tool”. Back then, the TuneUp founders considered “intelligent tuning” to be the effective optimization of PCs that takes care of as many of the necessary steps as possible for the user.
Since 2003, TuneUp has been expanding internationally. TuneUp Utilities is currently used by more than 10 million people worldwide, and is now available in English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian and Polish.
TuneUp Utilities is designed to help the average computer user keep his or her PC running smoothly.
One of the key updates to the 2010 version is its compatibility with Windows 7. Unbeknownst to most users, Windows 7 installs a lot of unnecessary files that slow down your PC. TuneUp Utilities is able to clean up all the clutter – maximizing the new operating system’s performance. The 2010 version also supports the 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Vista.
Key features include:
- TuneUp Turbo Mode -With a single click, users can disable a number of background applications, such as various Windows services, complex search functions and scheduled maintenance tasks, in Windows XP, Vista and 7 that are not needed. This feature allows users’ PCs to concentrate entirely on their programs, which means users will see fewer interruptions, and gamers will enjoy more frames per second (FPS).
- TuneUp Live Optimization – This function automatically prevents background processes from taking up too much of the PC’s resources. TuneUp Live Optimization lowers the priority of resource-draining background applications. This results in noticeably faster program startup and response times as well as greater speed and stability for users. Games can also run with more FPS.
- Windows 7 Support – TuneUp Utilities 2010 offers complete support for Microsoft’s new operating system in both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- TuneUp Gadget – Available for Windows Vista and 7 users, this feature shows the computer’s health directly on the desktop. • Users can start the TuneUp Utilities 2010 features they need directly via the TuneUp Gadget. TuneUp Optimization Report • This displays how many unnecessary files TuneUp Utilities 2010 has cleaned, how many registry entries have been deleted and how many PC problems have been fixed. • Users can display results from the last seven days, 30 days or even since the installation of TuneUp Utilities 2010.
- Automatic Maintenance – TuneUp Utilities 2010 automatically performs optimization tasks and ensures that users’ PCs run quickly and reliably—at all times. • The optimization processes regularly run in the background; this way, users can work or play on their PCs, without having to worry about performing maintenance tasks themselves. • Automatic Maintenance only starts when PCs are not being actively used.To save and prolong the battery life of laptops and netbooks, Automatic Maintenance will not start if the device is running on battery power.
- Redesigned Start Center – This immediately shows users any problems or bottlenecks, such as pending optimization tasks that need to be performed. • It provides users with access to individual features, while giving them an overview of the PC’s health. • The redesigned Start Center is even easier to use. The previous version of TuneUp Utilities had seven categories. In TuneUp Utilities 2010, this has been reduced to four sections that give users faster access to optimization and customization features.
- Greater Ease of Use – Windows can now be optimized with just a few clicks of the mouse; the features in TuneUp Utilities 2010 are more easily accessible than ever before. • TuneUp Utilities 2010 does not make use of technical jargon—enabling novice computer users to maintain their PCs without any hassles.
- Improved Help Center – If users still have questions about PC optimization, the program’s Help Center has been significantly updated with support topics that are even easier to understand.
I have used this software on my netbook and I couldn’t be happier with it. What I like best is that it doesn’t run unless I am not using the computer which is a huge plus for me because I run so many things that I don’t need another program running and bogging my system down. I like the reports I can generate for a few days or the last month. These are just a few of the things that I like. You can buy the full version of TuneUp Utilities 2010 for $49.95 or the Upgrade to TuneUp Utilities 2010 for $29.95. Please check them out here. I recommend this easy to use TuneUp program to everyone.
And I have been given the opportunity to host a giveaway for one Dirty Shirt reader to win a copy of TuneUp Utilities 2010 for their computer. Please see rules below to enter today.
- MAIN RULE – Tell me in comments which program you are using now to Tune Up your computer. (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count)
- 1 Extra Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed or by email (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Follow me on Twitter (button in subscribe section on the right sidebar) and let me know your Twitter name in a separate comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Tweet this giveaway. Copy and paste – @Jentifa is giving away TuneUp Utilities 2010! Check it out here http://bit.ly/95hfGZ. Then come back and leave the direct link to your tweet (go to your twitter account, click on the words when your tweet was sent (ie. 5 seconds ago) and copy and paste that link in comments.
- 2 Extra Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog.
This giveaway will run through midnight on March 7, with winner being announced the morning of March 8. Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.